The title says it all… c++ compilation fun times!
As I was working on a project to selectively use Unblock Us on my network devices, I wanted to host the whole thing in my odroid… but compiling it right out of the box didn’t work for me. Also, for some reason a precompiled binary I found at community.scaleway.com (now dead) didn’t work for me. Doing this
Took a whole a lot of time and eventually failed with a bunch of cryptic errors… but when I checked the build.sh.err file, the first one I found is
It makes sense, as SSE2 is an extension that’s not available on ARM… then I ran
I tried compiling again, but it failed… and the problem was pretty stupid (and it took me a while to figure it out)… the previous .o files were still around, so the make process wasn’t building them again… sooo I completely deleted the folder, unzipped the file, removed the
msse2 flag and this time it worked flawlessly!
Here are all the steps in an easy-to-copy format
Just be prepared for it to last a while. If you want to just use my version, you can find it here (it includes the sources and the build output).
You can retrieve it by doing
The executable file is